Bluestacks is one of the best emulators to run Android OS on Windows or Mac computers. It helps us to play Android games or use those applications on our computers that we use regularly on our smartphones. Bluestacks uses a part of the internal memory or the RAM of our system in order to run the games or apps on PC. This is why sometimes you feel that Bluestacks is running slowly or is lagging. We can speed up Bluestacks by either increasing the RAM size or playing with the power plan.
In order to make Bluestacks faster and improve it’s performance while you are using Whatsapp or playing Clash of Clans on your PC, all you need to do is follow this guide. Today I will be sharing a coupe of tricks using which you can easily make Bluestacks run quicker and have a buttery experience.
Ways to Speed Up Bluestacks On Your PC
Who likes to use a slow and lagging software? Who enjoys to play games which crash or which stop in between? While using Bluestacks, you might face these problems and the solution is to either increase RAM of your system or allocate more RAM to the Bluestacks software. Before we jump to learn how to speed up Bluestacks on Windows OS, let’s check out the requirements in order to install this software:
- 2GB RAM or more
- 4GB HDD space
- Direct X 9.0 or higher version
- Latest updated graphics card
Now I have found 2 ways using which you can improve the performance of this software on your PC. One of which is recommended by Bluestacks itself and the other one is to play with the RAM of your computer system.
1. Allocate more RAM to Bluestacks
- Go to C:\Program Files (×86)\Bluestacks and double click on the file named “HD-Quit.exe“, or if Bluestacks is already running then right click on Bluestacks icon in the taskbar and click on Quit
- Now on your Windows homescreen, press “Windows button+R” or open the start menu and type “Run” then press enter
- In the pop-up that appears, type “regedit” to access Registry Editor and press on “OK”
- Once the registry editor is launched, you can see a Side panel on the left hand side
- Navigate to this location “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Bluestacks/Guests/Android” in the registry editor
- Once browsed, double click on “Memory” in the right hand side panel and a pop-up will appear
- Click on “Decimal” radio button and change the preset value of “300” to not more than “1024” (inputting more value might force close other programs on your PC)
- Click on “OK“
- Restart your PC so that the changes are live
- Now open Bluestacks and check RAM size, it will be increased to the changed value
2. Adjust PC’s Power Plan
Usually all the Windows PC’s are set to “Balanced” power plan by default. Now Bluestacks support say that adjusting the power plan to “High Performance” can have an effect on it’s performance and can make it work faster than usual. Here’s how to change it:
- Right-click the battery icon in your system tray and choose “Power Options”
- This can also be accessed from Control Panel, click the “Hardware and Sound” category and then select “Power Options”
If you can’t find the battery icon on your taskbar, follow this procedure
- Press “Windows key + R” together
- In the “Run” pop-up, type “powercfg.cpl” and click on “OK“
- Now select your preferred power plan from the windows that opens.
- “High performance” is hidden and to make it visible please click on drop down icon there, under the “Show additional plans” heading at the bottom
So these were 2 quick and simple tips on how to make Bluestacks run faster on your PC. I hope you were able to perform all the steps easily without any difficulties. Feel free to ask me if you get stuck anywhere in between, I will be happy to help you out.
It is also important to notice here that if you have 4GB RAM on your system, you can increase the number to even “2048” since it allows you to use more RAM. I would also like to strictly advise you not to use this trick for other applications/softwares on your computer since it might affect their performance in unusual ways.
Thanks for reading and I hope you liked it. Do share this guide if you think it can help your friends or other people, cheers!