If you are a movie buff like me, then you most probably use Showbox app on your Android or iOS smartphone to watch your favorite TV shows or movies. It’s a very popular app and is loved by millions around the world. Since it’s a widely used application, it’s not a surprise that there maybe several problems which the users face since it’s a tough task to handle such traffic and for the servers to allow to stream seamlessly to millions without any glitches. Though it’s the best of all apps stream movies or TV shows on mobile phones, still has a very FEW issues, one of which is the “Showbox connection error” or “Showbox server error”.
Today I am gonna share some working fixes for these 2 problems which you are facing and are here with a hope to find a solution. Showbox developers must be obviously tackling these issues from their end as much as they can by handling their servers properly, though sometimes small things at our side could be causing the issue and it’s important to know so. So let’s start with the guide.
What is Showbox Connection Error?
The Showbox Connection error is similar to the Showbox waiting for peers error. Basically, it shows the connection error whenever there is an overuse of the Application data or the Cache data. It’s a part of the internal memory (RAM) on your smartphone and since it will be full, many apps including this one, won’t be able to work properly.
What is Showbox Server Error?
Sometimes, the users face the server issues while using Showbox and the main reason why this problem occurs is because you haven’t updated your app to the latest version which has been released. The app loses it’s connection with the server which would be located anywhere around the world and this is why this error message pops up on your screen.
How to Fix Showbox Connection/Server Error
Now there are a few methods which can be tried and used to solve these both issues. I will be sharing all the methods with a set of steps so you can easily follow them one by one and achieve the solution. So without any further ado, let’s go:
1. Clear Application Data
- First of all you need to close this app and make sure it’s not running in background as well
- Go to Settings from the menu on your Android smartphone
- Select “Installed Apps” from the menu and tap on Showbox app from the list
- Click on “Clear Data” and this will clear all the application data from your smartphone and will free the space up
Now try restarting the app and you shouldn’t be facing the connection error this time.
2. Wi-fi – Airplane Mode Fix
- Turn on the Wifi network from the settings menu on your Android smartphone
- Now again go back to the settings and turn ON the Airplane mode
- After 30 seconds to 1 minute, go to settings and turn OFF the Airplane mode
- As soon as your phone gets connected to your Wifi network, launch Showbox instantly
This is another solution which has worked for quite a lot of people who were facing either of the probems.
3. Uninstall and Install Latest Showbox App
- Go to Settings >> Installed Apps on your smartphone or tablet
- Find the app by scrolling down the list and tap on it
- Now click on “Force Stop” and then click on “Uninstall“
- Now download the latest version of the app from THIS link to your smartphone
- Enable Unknown Sources option from Settings > Security or Settings > Additional settings > Privacy
- Finally go to the download folder and install the APK file by following the easy on screen instructions
- You’re done!
This should fix the Showbox server error which you have been facing while trying to watch any movies or TV shows.
That’s it for today! It’s a complicated issue when it’s connected to the servers of the game or application which you are using. Though the methods which I have shared have worked for many people as per my research and they should probably work for you too.
I hope you were able to solve the Showbox Connection or Server issue by following this guide. Do share it if this helped you in anyway. Please comment below your questions if you have any. I’d also love to hear any suggestions you have to improve my website. Thanks!