123Movies is one of the best things on the web for all the movie lovers out there. One can stream tons of latest movies & TV shows totally for free in full HD quality. If you are a Kodi user, there is a good news for you all. Now you can even stream 123Movies on Kodi and enjoy the same experience on your smart TVs as well. Kodi has become the best solutions for media access online and along with the 3rd-party addons it’s abilities just stretch to infinity.
In this tutorial, I will be showing you how to install 123Movies Kodi addon with a perfect instructions and appropriate images as well. Before we head over to the installation guide, it is important to know if using 123Movies on Kodi is safe? Oh yes, this is an important thing to keep in mind since viewing some of the content on Kodi might raise red flags.
Is 123Movies Kodi Addon Safe to Use?
Ensuring our own safety is very important before we use anything online. Kodi is a safe software used by thousands of users daily but browsing some of the content with regular patterns might seem odd to the Internet service providers. If you stream movies or TV content using Kodi, it’s one of those activities they may report to the government or concerned authorities.
An easy precaution to take while doing so is to use a secure and trusted VPN (virtual private network). It encrypts all the data that leaves your device and literally no one can monitor it. Everything you surf or stream while using a VPN is totally anonymised. This keeps you safe. Read on to know which VPN I use to install any Kodi addon and stream any type of content seamlessly without any restrictions or risks involved.
Do check my 123Movies review to know everything about it!
How to Install 123Movies on Kodi 17.3
When you are installing a third-party addon on Kodi, you need to have a specific repository in your sources to make it work. In order to install 123Movies Kodi add-on, you need to add the Mucky Ducks Repo in Kodi and then you will be allowed to install 123Movies app. Below are the exact steps to do so, here we go:
- Launch Kodi on your local device
- From the main menu, go to Settings by clicking on the gear icon
- Go to File Manager
- Click on Add Source (if you want to move to the top of the directory, click on the double-dot)
- When the box appears, click on <None>
- Type the following URL: http://muckys.mediaportal4kodi.ml/
- Click on OK
- In the next box, type the name of the media source as “Muckys” and click on OK
- Now go back to the Kodi main menu and click on Add-ons
- Click on the Package installer (box icon) at the top left
- Choose Install from zip file
- From the pop-up box, find Muckys (previously named repo) and click on it
- Click on repository.mdrepo-1.0.2.zip (version name may change according to the latest updates of the repo)
- A pop-up on the top right corner will depict that the repo is installed on Kodi
- Go back to the Addons menu and click on box icon again
- Select Install from repository
- Find and click on Mucky Ducks Repo
- Select Video add-ons
- Find “123Movies” and click on it
- Click on Install and wait for it to be completed
- Go all the way back to Main Menu
- Select Addons >> Video Addons and click on 123Movies
- Enjoy! 😉
I have shared the method to install this addon on the latest Kodi 17.3 version. You can follow the same procedure to get this addon on Kodi Jarvis & Krypton version as well.
123Movies Addon Not Working Fix
It might be possible that you will face “123Movies not playing” and the add-on may act in an unexpected way at times. Don’t panic, this basically happens due to two reasons:
- You are using the older version of the Addon
- The addon is blocked in your country of residence
Below are two simple solutions to solve these issues.
Update 123Movies Addon
- Launch Kodi >> Select Add-ons > Click on Video Add-ons
- From the list of addons, right click on 123Movies and select Information
- Click on Update and turn on Auto-update
Another reason would be that this addon is blocked in some of the countries in the world. The list includes Germany, UK, USA, Australia, Ireland, France and Canada. But you will be thrilled to know that we have a simple fix for this problem. If 123Movies Kodi is not working in your country, all you need to do is use a VPN.
By signing up, downloading the VPN software, installing it on your system and signing in the app will allow you to use any banned Kodi Addons henceforth.
Use a VPN: (My Recommendation)
While using Kodi, I personally use IPVanish which has very fast servers and provides the highest level of encryption. I did my research while choosing the best one and found that it is established since 5 years. It has over 750 servers spread around 60 countries which shows how wide it’s network is.
123Movies is hands down the best media streaming Kodi Addon if you are a fan of TV shows & movies. I hope this step by step guide on how to install 123Movies Kodi addon helps you to get it on your device. If you face 123Movies error check log problem, you can just clear the cache or use a VPN.
Comment below if you are facing any other problems, I will be happy to help and guide you in the right direction. Do share this guide if you think it can help your friends, thanks for reading. Stay tuned for more such new Kodi addon installation guides.