Sony launched it’s own live streaming TV service called Playstation Vue a couple of years ago. It allows you to watch all the premium channels including sports, news, TV shows without having to subscribe to a cable network. You can directly stream the live TV or on-demand videos right to your smart TVs, PS consoles and other major streaming devices. It has various subscription plans which you can choose from and since there are no long-term commitments, you can cancel Playstation Vue subscription at any time.
With over 400,000 subscribers it has become a very popular TV service. Though you might feel to switch over or try some other streaming service sometime. You might be frustrated with the fact that PS Vue doesn’t support mobile devices. No matter what the reason, if you wish to get rid of it, here’s a simple guide on how to cancel PlayStation Vue from the website and using your PS consoles.
Steps to Cancel PlayStation Vue Account Subscription
Unlike the TV cable networks subscriptions, you are not in a long term contract when you subscribe to PlayStation Vue and you are allowed to cancel it anytime you want. To cancel your subscription, you can do it using either a PC or a PS3/PS4 console, follow the below given steps to do it on both devices.
Cancel Your Subscription Using a PC
Using a computer or laptop and cancelling the Vue account using their website is a simple process and here’s how to do it:
1. Sign into your PlayStaion Vue Account: Go to the official website and log into your account using your registered email and password at this link, https://www.psvue.com/subscription.
2. Choose My Account: Once you are logged in, fine the “My Account” option near the top of the page. Go to this link if you can’t find it, it will lead you to all your active subscriptions in the PSN.
3. Select “Cancel Subscription”: On the Subscription Summary page, find your Vue subscription, and click the button “Cancel Subscription“. This will start the process of cancelling your Vue account.
4. Follow On-Screen Instructions: Now you need to complete the “Cancelation Survey” and click the button “Cancel Subscription” and you will be done.
It should take you around 3-4 minutes to complete this whole process to stop PlayStation Vue service.
Cancel Your Subscription Using a PS3/PS4 Console
- Navigate up to [Settings] in the menu on the top and press X button on your controller
- Choose [Subscription] and press X button
- Select [Unsubscribe] and press X button
- Now all you need to do is follow the simple on-screen instructions in order to complete the process
What if I Stop PlayStation Vue in Mid-Month?
Although PS Vue is free of any kind of contracts, you need to pay in advance for each month to use this service. At the start of each month, you will be charged the amount depending on your subscription plan and you will be able to stream channels throughout the month without any issues.
One of the benefits of this is that if you decide to cancel say on the 13th of a particular month, your Vue account will continue to allow you to stream until the 30th or 31st (i.e until the month ends). No matter at what date you cancel your subscription, your account stays live till the end of the month and you won’t be charged henceforth.
That’s all I have to share from this guide on how to cancel PlayStation Vue subscription and deactivate it. You can comment below if you have any questions related to this or anything else. You can also check out the PS Vue Support page for more help.
Now that you got rid of PS Vue, if you are looking for a free alternative just to watch movies or TV shows, you can check my GoMovies review and enjoy everything for free here. Do share this post if you think it helped you and loved it. Thanks for reading!